Funding programme: Erasmus+, Capacity building in the field of Vocational Education and Training (VET) (ERASMUS-EDU-2022-CB-VET)
The overall objective of CO-HOST project is to support the realization of mobility projects between EU member states and WB countries, aimed at the enhancement of skills and competences of VET learners, in order to improve and modernize the VET system in enlargement countries. The project focuses on the topic of Tourism, Marketing and Hospitality, with a strong emphasis on green and entrepreneurial skills. Precisely in countries that are experiencing a rapid growth and social change, development must be understood as sustainable development, in line with the 2030 objectives of the Global Agenda. CO-HOST encourages forms of tourism that respect the environment, local cultures and that contribute to the sustainable development of the territories: it will be particularly interesting and strategic, for VET students and staff, to experience during their internship periods in the EU, the most advanced practices in this field, which are ensured by experienced partners. Therefore, CO-HOST specific objectives are:
ª To share best practices among VET providers coming from EU and enlargement countries, encouraging the involvement of VET providers in EU cooperation and mobility projects;
ª To improve technical and pedagogical skills of VET staff from enlargement countries;
ª To improve technical, transversal and soft skills of VET students from enlargement countries, in order to improve their occupational prospects;
ª To establish Solid National Networks in the WB Countries.
The main target groups of the project are:
ª VET Trainers/experts
ª VET providers
ª VET teachers and students
ª Companies/employers in the hospitality and tourism sector
1) National networks that will be established in each non-EU country, in order to promote interaction and cooperation between VET providers, schools and companies and to promote the connection, communication and cooperation in VET amongst EU and WB countries, an also foster future employment of VET students.
2) Data collection and research analysis: the data can be used to programme further actions both at national and international level, as well as undergoing lobbying activities with policy makers.
3) Piloted and standardised MOOC on Quality in Mobility and Recognition of Learning Outcomes: will be at disposal in the learning platform, for all National Networks members.
5) A series of informative webinars and matchmaking online events on the topic of Sustainable Tourism and Marketing strategies and Valorisation of Cultural and Natural Heritage through digital technologies, increasing attention and knowledge in the sector, so that VET teachers and trainers can integrate the content in their teaching activities.
6) Mobility arrangements for EU providers coming from enlargement countries. The project will promote the definition of mobility arrangements for the involvement of non-EU VET schools, in order to define the detailed mobility projects for VET learners and staff in hospitality/tourism sector.
7) Policy recommendations on mobility in VET for WB countries. The experiences developed within the project will be systematized into policy recommendations addressed to the EU and will be presented during the multiplier events organised in the WB countries and during the final event organized in Albania for the official launch of the WB Committee in the EACQOM Network, that will also serve as sustainability measure for the future of mobility arrangements inside the WB Region and with the EU.
8) Multiplier and final events, addressed to the world of VET, during the European Vocational skills week.
1. EUROPEAN GRANTS INTERNATIONAL ACADEMY SRL, Italy
2. RESEARCH INNOVATION AND DEVELOPMENT LAB PRIVATE COMPANY, Greece
3. ARTS&SKILLS – FORMACAO, CONSULTORIA E INOVACAO LDA, Portugal
4. EUROPEAN CENTER FOR QUALITY OOD, Bulgaria
5. NGO CTRL “Center for transition and development of local society”, Bosnia and Herzegovina
6. KOLEGJI UNIVERSITAR I BIZNESIT, Albania
7. ODA EKONOMIKE E KOSOVES, Kosovo
8. KOLEGJI UNIVERSUM O.P, Kosovo
9. VET ICT School “Fan S. Noli”, Albania
10. JU Mjesovita srednja skola Bihac, Bosnia and Herzegovina